Friday, February 23, 2007

News For The Week of February 23rd

Well, this is the first time I've done this bit, so bear with me. It felt like a slow news week anyway...

  • As it may have been noted, I am not the biggest PS3 fan. I do wonder what is going through the head of a company who decides to *remove* functionality from a later revision of a piece of hardware, which is what Sony has done to the PAL version of the PS3. It is just the hardware PS2 emulation, which I understand will drive down costs, but at least you could throw Europe and Australia a bone and let them know how long they'll have to keep their PS2's out.
  • Wing Commander Wing Commander Wing Commander! Oooh, maybe not so much. Thanks EA, I just knew you would wreck it. It's been a long time since since I've seen a good space flight game, and this looks like it'll keep that tradition alive. At least it looks like the previous games and not like the movie.
  • The Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta Invite Crackdown came out this week. Looks like it was pretty well liked, despite being a little light on the plot and having a few other issues. I guess there is something to say about being able to fix all problems with violence.