Friday, April 6, 2007

News for the Week of April 6th

I'm not going to say anything bad about the PS3 this week. Just want to give myself a break from that.

  • Now this is not specifically video game related, but it's JT, so it is. I guess the Florida Bar was investigating JT because of how he spoke to a judge. Not very nicely, as it would turn out.
"Here’s a tip, Judge, I don’t just practice law. I save lives from reckless jurists like you."
  • Yeah. If someone who is not a lawyer tried that shit in a courtroom, they would lose. As it turns out, when a lawyer tries that shit in a courtroom, they lose. Funny.
  • Did you hear about that Rock Band game, mentioned just a few posts down this very page? You sure as hell better have. Gamestop, in a desperate attempt to pay their mortgage, posted prices for the inevitible Rock Band Accessories. Not so much says Rock Band developer Harmonix. They still haven't decided how much these so called accessories are going to cost. For all we know, the drum kit is just going to be the abxy and shoulder buttons.
  • Kids, addicted to games?! Oh Noes! Seriously though, 1200 respondents to a Harris poll cannot, with any means of accuracy, give us a reasonable view of game addiction in 8-18 year olds. I'm just saying, I know Harris as a internet and telephone survey company. Who in their right mind hands some guy on the phone off to their 8-18 year old kid? If we're talking online polls, 10% are probably outright fraud and that's not even starting to address the 'digital divide' of class. If this were a study of several thousand children performed by an institute of some kind, say a college with a recognized addiction study or youth psychology program, then maybe I'd care. Until then... If I had a DS when I was younger, I would have played for 10 hours a week just on the bus to school.
Now I'm all worked up at being pissed about stupid polls.

No comments: