Friday, March 9, 2007

News For The Week of March 9th, GDC Edition

Well it was a big week for games, what with the Game Developers Conference and all. I am attempting to keep it short even though there was a fair bit of news.

  • Sony makes PS3 owners happy by... giving them 3D spaces to hang out in? Damn, here I've been hanging out in 3D spaces since 1980 maybe, I never realized that I would need a PS3 to do it right. Color me 'eh' about it. It looks alright, if not sterile. Like if someone boiled Second Life in disinfectant and then slapped some Playstation stickers on it. But if you do happen to have a PS3, feel free to sign up for the beta.
  • Peter Molyneux likes dogs, and he wants you to like dogs too. At least he wants you to like the dog in Fable 2, which is important. So you know you're actually still human, not some shambling wretch enslaved by your console, a husk of what you used to be. That aside, it seems like a neat feature... Hopefully this won't turn out to be Fable 2's tree.
  • Spore developer Chris Hecker (Yeah I know, who?) flips out on the poor, defenseless Wii. Thankfully, there are no Wii's to be found anywhere in public, so no harm was done to their fragile psyche, even though he apologized. This also gives me a chance to flippantly dismiss Spore, which I will now do with aplomb, because I've never really cared about it and it's just another Will Wright game.



No comments: